University of Northern Iowa Strategic Plan: Goal I:
The University of Northern Iowa is committed to championing diversity as a core value of our university community. UNI will create and maintain a diverse, respectful and inclusive work and learning environment in order to prepare the university community for a constantly evolving world and so that inclusive excellence becomes the norm. This work will include challenging beliefs and practices that discriminate against, degrade, or diminish a group within our community based on the group members' innate characteristics. We believe that valuing diversity is a necessary foundation for inclusion, and that inclusive excellence provides a learning environment for our students and our community that prepares us for a dynamic, interconnected world.
Provide a campus culture that reflects and values the evolving diversity of society and promotes inclusion.
Who is Making a Difference
- Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Diversity Advisory Committee (Excel file)
- Northern Iowa Student Government
- Diversity Facts
- Ethnic-Cultural Student Organizations
- Faculty & Staff Research Activities and Interests
- LGBTA Student Information
- Religious Student Organizations
- Safe Zone Ally Program
- UNI Strategic Plans
- History of Diversity at UNI
- NCBI-UNI Campus Coalition Builders